Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ready for the new school year yet?

For many of us business owners, when the kids go on summer break so do our businesses. With the kids going back to school, many of us get back on track. I know for myself, I do tend to have a busy schedule full of pet sitting and other errands, but I still make plenty of time to hang out with the family. With the kids going back to school, I go back into full business mode during the school year.


Whether the children are going to school part-time or full-time, you still need to have boundaries set. This includes your business hours, when the children are and aren't allowed in your office, what happens when the children are sick or on vacation, and so on. If everyone knows their roles and their boundaries, it is much easier to get through a hectic school year filled with after school and weekend activities and still be productive in your business.

No comments: