Thursday, December 25, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

My youngest son has a t-shirt that says "You open your mouth, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah". It made me think about society in general. Everyone is talking about how bad everything is. I don't hear many positive things coming out of anyone's mouth.

As I go through life, I think about all of the things positive that are going on in my life right now: I have somewhere to live, I have food on the table, I have clean clothes to wear, I have a business that is flexible to my family life, and the list could go on and on.

Sure your family and friends, while intentions are good, may worry that your business venture may not make it out the door, but they in turn are emitting negative vibes. As Julia Roberts said in Pretty Woman, "People put you down enough, you start to believe it."..."The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that?"

Why listen to that? If your dream is to run a successful business, then you need to surround yourself with positive people who want your business to be a success and aren't afraid to give you the support you need to make it happen.

The next time someone starts talking negatively, silently tell yourself, "You open your mouth, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah". Think of your vision board you have created for yourself, with pictures and all, that shows what you want your business to look like now and in the future and focus on all of the positives.

No comments: