Monday, January 22, 2007

I hate time zones!

I feel that that they should create a Time Zones for Dummies book, including a pull out map of the world that already has the time zones in place. Apparently some people just pick up their phone and start dialing without even thinking about what time zone the other person is in. If you are calling your mother down the road, no problem, but if you are calling another person for business reasons and they are not located in your state, then you should think it through.

For example, this morning I received a business call at 6 am. Not only did I feel my heart beat faster the first time they called and woke me up out of a sound sleep, but within a fifteen minute time period they called three more times and left two messages. To be quite honest, I am sleeping at 6 am. I don't know about you, but I can get cranky if I have to wake up before my alarm clock, especially when the person is a continuous caller and I then cannot get back to sleep.

Ok, you call me at 5 am one time, I chalk it up to forgetting about the time zone. If you continue to call me every minute and I haven't answered your call it means one of three things. One, I am on the other line with someone. If you leave a message I swear I will return your call. Two, I am sleeping. Three, you have called me more than once before 8 am Pacific Standard Time and have made me mad. Do number three and I promise you that you will be the last call of the day. If I look at my clock and realize that it is past 6 pm your time, being the nice person that I am, I will not return your call until the next morning.

I have to put together monthly chats that include international members. I take the time to look online at the different world time zones so that I can include as many people as possible without them having to be up at some gosh awful hour in the middle of the night.

Since I do not have the power to adjust the time zones so that they are all the same, all I ask of you is that you pay attention to the number you are calling and where they are located the next time you get up bright and early to take care of phone calls first thing in the morning.

No comments: