Saturday, April 14, 2007

What gifts have you received?

Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
— Ruth Ann Schabacker

Every day that you are able to wake up is a gift in of itself. The rest of the day's gifts are just an added bonus. These gifts can be big or small, physical or intangible. These gifts can be something you have been waiting for or a complete surprise.

There was a movie premiere being promoted by a local radio station that I attended with my husband and daughter. My husband went up and was moving his rump to get prizes, and while my daughter and I were trying to hide from embarrassment, I have to admit we did get a good laugh and were able to enjoy a good movie together. The gift was time spent with family.

I was out yesterday and in a hurry to get a few things done. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to drive around in circles looking for a spot. As I pulled into the parking lot, there were several spots to choose from, which was a great gift to begin with, but then I was able to get one that was close to the door.

My kids have been home on and off with spring colds. My oldest was the only one home with me one day and I played hooky from work. We went and ate lunch at a local restaurant and I we talked about different things going on in his life. Considering that most teenagers run when they see their parents coming, it was a nice and refreshing gift I received that day.

My mom is a huge Doo Wop fan. She had mentioned to me a while back about some CD's that she had really wanted, but that they were close to $200 for the pack. I happened to see an infomercial about them. I ordered them this past weekend and she will have a wonderful gift in her mailbox shortly. There was no special reason for them. They were a 'just because' gift.

Look around you today and everyday. There are gifts everywhere for you. You just have to untie the ribbons.

No comments: