Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Joystar is going bankrupt!

For those of you who I have recommended Joystar to for the past 3 years to help with booking travel for clients, I apologize. For the longest time they were a good company to work with. They recently turned into an MLM and I do not do business with MLM's otherwise I would be harking the Mona Vie products along with Amway and a whole other mess of MLM's, you know who they are.

In 2007, their sister company, VacationCompare.com, signed on to provide the travel for Wheel of Fortune. The trips were not being delivered and the promotion company who handles setting up the prizes for TV shows had to pay for the trips out of their pockets to make sure the contestants got what they won.

Last year Joystar had more issues and now they are being forced into bankruptcy by their creditors. To top it off, they have not been paying their agents, meaning people like you or me, their commissions. For many people this means thousand of dollars they have gone without because Joystar doesn't have the means to pay them, especially if an account has been frozen.

Thank goodness I have not had an issue with not being paid, but have not used them since the last half of 2008 after finding out that several companies were not honoring the IATA/CLIA number. I have been using a regular travel agent for the meantime, but am looking for a new agency to work with. Once I complete my due diligence, I will let you know an update about the new company I choose and what they can offer you.

No comments: