Thursday, October 11, 2007

Are you in love yet?

A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak.
— Michael Garrett Marino

I love to read. I don't care if it is a newspaper, cereal box, or book. I thirst for knowledge and enjoy playing Jeopardy every evening. One thing I am trying to get across to my children is that knowledge doesn't hurt you, but helps you out. My youngest son, who loves to watch The Discovery Channel as well as many other channels, gives off all kinds of facts and trivia about all kinds of subjects. (Even though he has been complaining lately that he wants to become an elementary school dropout.) I always brag to everyone because of his knowledge and love for new things he has learned. On the other hand, my oldest son hates to read with a passion. I have tried to get him to read Agatha Christie novels, with some success, but he does not want to sit around taking in knowledge. He wants to be hands on with his learning.

I started thinking about the people who have and who have not attended my ECSU™ seminars and although I know some of the main reasons why they don't attend, such as money and traveling, those that have attended are so appreciative of the knowledge that they have taken in while at my seminars. I love learning and I also love to share and am surprised that so many more people do not want to invest in themselves, whether it is a book, joining a chat, coming to a seminar, or watching informative television shows.

Knowledge is all around us and I'll be the first one to admit that I am having a love affair with it. When are you going to start your affair?

No comments: