Sunday, October 21, 2007

Where's your favorite veggie hiding?

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.
— Jim Davis

I love vegetables, even if they are not part of a cake, bread, or pie. I am lucky enough to have kids who like vegetables, and I don't even have to find creative ways to cover them up or hide them in their meals. I do have to admit though that I enjoy a good cake, bread, and pie. I was never one of those who was watching my carb intake during the big "Cut Out The Carbs" craze. I love my carbs too much to give them up.

If everyone could incorporate their favorite vegetable into their favorite dessert, I am sure this world would be a much better place. We would all get our suggested amount of daily servings and and enjoy them while we are eating them. There would be peace and harmony....Well, maybe not. I was just imaging people running around trying to get some pumpkin pie saying, "This is a veggie jacking. Just hand over the pie and no one gets hurt."

As they say, "It's the thought that counts." I'm off to enjoy some delicious cornbread and no one better lay a hand on it.

No comments: